Friday, May 30, 2008

5/27 back in the shower, for some reason, I could not get enough hot water.  It wasn't cold outside, maybe the water was hot, but I was cold?  Shave was not too good, did so many touch up passes on my throat, I ended up with a nice road rash.  Cant hear the razor cut/scrape in the shower, I do like the cleanliness of it, but until I master the techniques, I think I will have to stick with sink shaving.  My house has 1 and 1/2 baths, I have taken over the half bath as my... library... I have a great idea of just moving all my toiletries into the smaller bath giving my wife even more room in all the drawers...

I am not too happy with the results I've been getting and getting tired of the razor burn.  I am considering an pre shave oil.  Been reading good things (other than price) about Art of Shaving well I had a job that was just down the street from a mall that had an AOS shop, so I just had to stop by.  I walk in and first impression was that it was the smallest shop I've ever been in, but then again, how big does a shaving supply shop need to be?  It was a very attractive store, made reminded me of a vintage barber shop (at least what I always thought vintage barber shops would be like)  I walked over to check out their 4 flavors of shave cream.  Ooh, Lavender... gotta compare to the Classic Brand.  Sniff Sniff, hmm very faint, barely able to smell it, guess Ill stick with the Classic Brand.  Sandalwood, Sniff Sniff, hmm barely smell that one either, Lemon, Sniff Sniff, Hey now! Reminds me of a lemon flavored orange julius or lemon flavored sherbet, smells frosty (if that makes sense), Non Scented, Sniff Sniff, good, clean, slightly soapy.   I spoke with the salesman and mentioned that I cant smell the sandalwood, he takes a whiff and says that he can smell it fine.  Ok no biggy, my nose is on the fritz today.  He says to try smelling the preshave oil scented with sandalwood, Sniff Sniff, nothing.  He pours a small amount on my hand and I rub it in, Sniff Sniff, still nothing.  I buy a tub of the lemon shave cream, a bottle of the unscented preshave oil (I didn't smell it at the time but now that I'm home, it smells like olive oil), and a shave brush stand.  On my way home I smell an unbelievable good scent but I don't know what it is.  The smell sticks with me for a few hours until I get home and wash my hands, ahh it was the sandalwood, now I want to go back and buy some of that too!  Cant wait to try shaving again.

No comments: