Friday, May 30, 2008

First shave

I am not going to post how to wet shave as there are so many good articles, posts, and videos on that.  I just want to post my findings as a new wet shaver.

So I soak my brush in the hot water, but a blob of shave cream on and start to face lather.  I did not use a bowl as I didn't want to walk out to the kitchen and grab one then get the weird looks from the wife... plus that is how I saw my father shave so many years ago.

All lathered up and ready to go, I will admit that I was a bit nervous about loping off an ear lobe or something equally as devastating.  It wasn't that bad I did not do a 4 pass shave as I knew my technique wasn't going to be good enough and I knew I would have some skin irritation.  My cheeks were fine, chin ok, with just a little irritation under my chin (my most sensitive spot).  I have always had a real rough spot on either side of my chin and always had to go back and hit it a couple times with my old Mach 3 to grind down the whiskers, it was not too bad with the new DE.  I still had to go over it a couple of times but no irritation, and oh god the smell!  I should have started this 15-20 years ago.  All in all not too bad of a shave, I got one tiny nick on my throat that didn't require a styptic pen, and I don't even know how I did that.  Things will improve with practice.

No comments: