Friday, May 30, 2008

Back in the shower

5/23/08 I always shaved while I was in the shower.  Its hot and steamy, my beard is softer, I have a little mirror, clean up is a snap, why not?  So after a few goes with the DE at the sink I decided to try it back in the shower.  First I go out to the kitchen, grab a bowl, sneak back down the hall and the wife is none the wiser!  I take a shower as normal after filling the bowl with hot water and letting my brush soak.   Time to shave, sump the bowl, grab a blob of heaven scent, and start mixing.  First thing, I don't like the sound of lathering in a bowl.  Ding, ding, ding.  it was an annoying tone, maybe if it was more of an organic thud like from a earthen ware or terra cotta pot...I got a little more lather than face lathering but nothing earth shattering better.  I will remind you that I am new and I am sure that I still don't know what I am doing, but it just seems like more things to clean, plus it takes longer, build lather in bowl, then rub lather on face.  Why not build lather WHILE rubbing lather on face?  I got some razor burn on this shave.  I could not hear the razor as I shaved over the running water... I was warned but did I listen...noooooo. Not to bad though, still learning.  Plus the razor is getting old, time to replace

No comments: