Wednesday, June 11, 2008

new blade, hot lather, and a damn fine shave

Well, no pressing jobs this morning, my wife is finnaly back to work, so I get to shave in the big bathroom, not my personal "library".  I get the shower running, fill the sink up with hot water to soak the brush, and I put a little hot water on my soap.  Ok, time for a new blade, I was going to pop in another Derby, but thought I would try a Dorco instead.  Water is nice and hot so I take my shower. Shower is done and the hardest part about shaving, NOT drying off my face... I have always dried my face first thing when I step out of the shower for ever!  Lets shave!  I dumped out the cooled water on the soap, put on some new fresh hot water and lathered up with Neori.  Wow, so this is what everyone is hooping and hollering about about, the HOT lather felt great!  I started to shave... kinda odd... the blade almost feels sticky?  Im guessing that it is not quite as sharp as the Derby, and I am feeling extra drag.  Mustache: down, quick lather, L to R, quick lather, R to L, done.  Sides of face: down, QL, L to R, QL, R to L (which is against the grain), inspection, minor touch up on chin, done.  Rinse face, lather throat, top down (smoothest), QL, bottom up, QL, on sides of throat R to L (against the grain), all is good and pretty smooth with no irritation, then center throat (problem area) R to L, done.  I'd have to save this is my best shave yet,  I had some touch up on my throat but not too bad.  I noticed with the Dorco, it doesn't seem to shave as well, I shave a short area(chopping motion), turn the razor over and do a smooth second pass of the same area.  

No comments: