Wednesday, June 4, 2008

shave soap instead of cream

So I got n on the Mama Bear Neroli shave soap.  Everyone was raving how this is the best smelling EO.  This was to be a limited edition special run, the Essential Oil is ridiculously priced, so this special shave soap was to cost more than her regular shave soaps.  It just showed up in the mail today along with a tub of Almond scented soap.  First I open the Almond, sniff sniff, mmm almonds, then I crack open the Neroli, sniff sniff, hmm, sniff sniff, smells like an orange tree.  Not like an orange, but an orange tree.  I didn't shave this morning so in the evening I went into the bathroom, ran some hot water, splashed my face, put in a new Derby (I found out yesterday 3 days is just about maxed out on a blade for me) and started to get lathered up.  Wow this stuff lathers up real quick compared to the Classic Brand and Art of Shaving creams that I've been using.  The scent is.... there.... its not bad, but its not great.  I don't think I would have picked it up at a store if I could smell it first, and then with the added EO price hike.... I would have left it on the shelf.  This was not my best shave.  Im guessing because I did not take a hot shower prior to shaving my beard was pretty rough.  I also did not use any shave oil.  I only did one pass as my face was getting pretty beaten up, I'll wait until tomorrow after a shower and give it another go.

No comments: